Linda Scott at the Ambassador Retreat in Florida. She is just a bit left of the center. Thanks, Linda for all you do for PCCC!
Are you (a) new to pickleball and need to learn to play or (b) are you a current player and just want a place to play?
(a) If you need to learn, there are some good ways to do that.
1. Take some classes with Parks and Rec in April, May, June, Sept, Oct, Nov. (these are usually for those 50 and older but if you are younger, get put on the wait list in case the class does not fill up). If that doesn’t work, let me know and someone will give you an introduction.
2. Go to St Mark s UMC, Luck s Lane on most Friday afternoon from 12:30 to 1:30 for an Introduction clinic….free. Another option is to call Stonebridge Rec Center and leave your name with Kim. Kim’s phone no. is 804-276-2126 or you can e-mail her at GravesK@chesterfield.gov. Once she gets 4 players, we have a trainer who will come in and give an Introduction clinic..free.
(b) If you know how to play and are just new to the area:
Rotation play is just a reserved time when players know when to show up so they will have people to play with. If you know how to play, you may drop in any time and play with the others players who are there at the time. It most fun if you can play with those at your own level.
If you have more questions, please call me. We love to share this wonderful game with new players.
ChesterfieldPickle.club is our website. My phone # 804 683 8481
From Jared Dieffenbach, our Dinwiddie Ambassador, extraordinaire, reminds us as to why we should all be members of the USAPA.
As part of my Ambassador duties…. if you haven’t already, consider joining the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA) for just $20/year. It’s our national organization that promotes pickleball and keeps it growing both locally and nationally. USAPA and the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) recently announced a strategic alliance that will provide both youth and adult programming for athletes across the country. Pickleball is said to be the #1 growing sport in the U.S. and the world with future plans to make it an olympic sport.
What does my $20 USAPA Membership get me?
Becoming a USAPA member is a simple yet powerful way to put your support squarely behind the sport that is one of the fastest growing in the United States. When you join USAPA, your $20 annual membership supports rules and equipment standards, introductory and developmental programs for all ages, standardized competitive play and much more! In addition, USAPA members also receive:
- FREE e-mailed Copies of ‘Pickleball Magazine’ (6 per year)
- 40% Discount (off cover price) of Mailed Subscription of ‘Pickleball Magazine’
- $10 Discount on USAPA Net System
- Seasonal Discounts on USAPA Merchandise
- USAPA e-Newsletter (6 per year)
- Member Upgrade Options (optional USAPA discount products members can select during the online registration process)
- USAPA Rating for all Sanctioned Tournaments (coming in 2017)
- Secondary Medical Insurance for USAPA-Sanctioned Tournaments
- Printable USAPA Membership Card
- Member Access to new ‘Look-Up’ on USAPA Website
- Member Access to new ‘Partner Search’ on USAPA Website
- Member Access to new ‘Referee Trainer Guide’ on USAPA Website
- Member Access to new ‘Referee Handbook’ on USAPA Website
* * * Now, USAPA members get discounts on travel, hotels, car rentals and much more! * * *
Give yourself a Christmas present that you will feel good about. Support the sport you love. Go to USAPA.org and join today.
Chesterfield Pickleball News 11/30/2018
Chesterfield Pickleball News 11/24/2018